Off to the right, you will find our party planning blog. It has tons of ideas for all kinds of events. Just clicking on the category you are looking for, and you will find a number of topics there. It’s great for inspiration. Check it out!
A TWISTY PAPER FUN IDEA THAT PUTS A NEW TWIST ON WEDDING SEATING
Origami (折り紙? – you have seen it before. It comes from the Japanese words for “folding” and “paper.”
Origami, the art of paper folding, creates a goal to transform a flat sheet square of paper into a finished sculpture through folding and sculpting techniques. It also looks great as a fun and crafty thing to do as a decorative means for assigning your guests wear to sit at your wedding celebration
Here is a neat thing you can do for your wedding guests, rather than that lame boring little business card thingy that says “Mr. & Mrs. Smith Table One.” Check out these pictures taken recently by Kenny Casanova at The Caraosel Ballroom in Troy, NY up on Hoosick Street.
Olde Tater Barne in Central Bridge, NY Venue Review
We have been DJing weddings for almost 15 years and I still had not had an opportunity to do a wedding here. I guess I was missing out!
If you too like the idea of a rustic wedding as many brides are, that is, getting married at a venue that makes you feel like you are on the set of “Little House on the Prairie,” then you may want to give the Olde Tater Barne a gander.
LOCATION: First off, for those of you not in the know, Central Bridge, NY is only a hop skip and a jump away from Schoharie, NY, so it’s not a bad trip from Albany or Schenectady at all.
ATMOSPHERE: The Olde Tater Barn, aside from having a great location set aside for an onsite ceremony loaded with flowers also has a massive cornfield behind the barn. It was fun to see the photographers really taking advanage of this backdrop. At one point, they had the bride and groom gou out into the stalks and took some really great pictures from within the crop itself!
Much like Pat’s Wedding Barn in Troy, NY, the barn is rustic, but has all the modern amenities to really keep your guests comfy in all seasons. A massive door also opens up on the side of the barn and allows for a great little cocktail reception spot.
On our particular wedding, there was tons of dancing on the ample dance floor and great food and drink for all provided by the in house catering service. Below are some more pictures! If you would like to check out there site at Olde Tater Barne, please do!
When I got married, I got my groomsman a bunch of watches and we put out some random shot glasses for the wedding favors. I didn’t exactly know what to get so they basically got the same things. I had no idea that there were resources out there that could help me customize and get together individualized gifts but my groomsman could appreciate even more that would reflect well upon their personalities. Here is one site that does just that:
Once a year, many businesses finally give an opportunity to their employees to let their hair down and have fun. They set all their fiscal worries aside and throw a big end-of-the-year holiday celebration. These can be really fun and a great way release pent-up stress in the workplace. These same parties can also flop and be a miserable time for all. This leaves you with one important question:
“WHY SHOULD YOU INVEST IN A DJ FOR A HOLIDAY PARTY?”
There are FIVE reasons you should hire a DJ for your office/corporate holiday party:
1) BOOKING A DJ IS PLANNING MADE EASY – If you have joined (or been volunteered) to head up your “Holiday Party Committee,” you probably know how nerve-racking this can be.
You want to please everybody and make it a great time for all so your party will be a success. If it is now time to start planning your Christmas office party, you don’t have to do it alone. You don’t have to kill yourself planning it.
2) CREATE ANTICIPATION – If you want to give corporate clients and/or company employees a good time that they will look forward to all year, you need to ensuring that your corporate Christmas party is a memorable one. To do this, keep one thing in mind about party planning, in general; music makes it better.
Consider TheDJservice.com and leave the rest up to us!
3) INCREASE MORALE – The company Christmas party shouldn’t be a boring affair that employees feel obligated to go to. It really shouldn’t be more work, it should be a reward for working hard. A few stale cookies and some bad sweaters are NOT the way to show thanks to hard-working employees for their efforts and labor throughout the year and developing a high level of team spirit.
Good Christmas parties are an absolute must for companies, no matter what the size. However, a GREAT Holiday Party is an excellent way of offering a huge thank you to your staff.
4) DEVELOP TEAM SPIRIT – If you want your employees to work harder than they would at a normal job, you must reward your team for working their butts off by hosting lots of fun social events. For a few hundred dollars, these experiences can be invaluable from a team-building perspective.
For many, nothing is a better unwinding mechanism than an opportunity to listen and dance to great music.
An office holiday party with a DJ is a great opportunity to let your employees know that the bosses are people, too.
5) CREATE AN ATMOSPHERE FOR SUCCESS – Many of our successful corporation clients have realized that the services of a disc jockey are essential to their events. Not only do company holiday parties give the staff time to relax but they also encourage close interaction among all the different types of employees and thus motivate the entire company as a whole.
Trust our party professionals with your DJ entertainment needs at TheDJservice.com. Call or TEXT 518-506-3305, today.
Planning a wedding with great flowers in the Albany NY region or beyond? If the answer to that question is “yes,” then maybe you will want to try this idea out… “Tiny Flower Pot Wedding Place Cards’
What a better way than to kick off your rustic wedding with little tiny live flowers as the place cards to show your beloved guests to their seats!?
What this couple did was they went to a craft store and bought loads of little vase-like jars, but super small. The next step is easy: Just get some nice flowers, chop them up. Stuck them into little bottles like these, and add the place card tag – and you are done!