There are many ways to save for your wedding. One of the keys to our success is keeping prices affordable and ala carte so customers can customize and pay for only and exactly what you want. This has made us VERY busy this summer in the Albany – Troy – Schenectady area.
Here is a top 10 list of ways to really save money on your wedding:
1. FRUGAL FLOWERS – Some vocational schools have Floral Classes. Sometimes you can work with your local votec to turn your wedding decoration into a classroom assignment and only pay cost of the flowers. Also, check with the hall to see who else is having a wedding there that weekend. You may also be able to save on flowers by sharing.
2. THE WEDDING SET UP PARTY – Turn on the tunes and have your wedding party come over a few days before to put together favors, set up decorations and centerpieces, create flower arrangements and anything else that you would have to pay more for when it comes completely assembled.
3. AFFORDABLE DRESS – Buying your wedding dress online and even in thrift stores, can be a great resourse to save literally hundresds of dollars on the wedding dress.
4. DAY SELECTION – Booking outside your hall’s primetime definitions will really help you save. Typically, prime time is Fridays & Saturdays (sometimes Sundays) April thru October. 10. Ask for Help – Who do you know? Why spend a bundle on the officiant, musicians, photographers and even DJs, if one of your guests can make this happen for nothing.
5. CAREFUL OF WHO YOU INVITE – Don’t invite anyone you haven’t seen or even talked to in five years. Don’t encourage singles to bring a date. Avoid inviting work colleagues. And let your friends bring their children.
6. SAVE ON INVITATIONS – Online is totally acceptable now, so you can save a bundle on postage right there. If you do not want to go the e-invite route, at least shop your invitations online. Competition is fierce and you are bound to find a deal if you look enough.
7. CATERING OPTIONS – Always provide your own caterer when you can. If your hall does not allow this, ask where money can be saved. See if they’ll let you provide your own liquor, or if serving only wine and beer will be cheaper than a full bar. Also consider only having open bar open during your cocktail hour, then serving an inexpensive wine with dinner.
8. EBAY YOUR SPECIAL DAY – Anything you buy and whenever you can, please always check the eBay and Amazon first! You will find awesome deals, for sure!
9. DECOR FOR LESS, NOT MORE – You do not need expensive flower arrangements everywhere. There are countless ways to save on decorations. Sometimes, candlelight can be the most romantic and beautiful alternative to fancy centerpieces and decorations.