Here is a unique idea to add to your wedding or event? How about a customizable confetti bar? This is a great conversation piece and activity that also serves a purpose for decoration. The confetti toss can then be a great group activity for the introduction of the bride and groom, or the first dance of the evening, perhaps.
Here is how you can add this fun decoration and group activity to your wedding or event:
HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN DIY WEDDING CONFETTI BAR
1) SECURE ONE-COLOR CONFETTI ASSORTMENTS – Buy a bunch of different confetti samples from a party supply store, or better yet cut up special papers yourself!
2) PREPARATION – If you are making your own confetti , look for cheap different lightweight (low pound) paper at your favorite art store. Then use paper shreaders, paper cutters or even hole punchers to render the individual confetti pieces. A combination of different methods to manifest the confetti will make for more unique assortments and better results/
3) PLACE INTO SERVING BOWLS / VATS – Once you make pure piles of one color confetti, display each batch in some kind of serving bowl/container.
4) ADD SIGNS – Let the guests know what the bar is for, and also inform them when they should launch the confetti.
5) ANNOUNCE BAR – Have your DJ announce the concept of the bar to your guests during cocktail hour before the bride and groom have arrived so that there is plenty of time for guest to mix and match their own custom confetti mixes. Part of the fun of this wedding idea is that people have the time to mix and match a baggy full of confetti so that they can throw a batch of their own hand-selected mixed confetti.
This can really be a great activity, but please make sure to first check with y our catering hall/location to make sure that their are no restrictions on confetti. (Some halls don’t allow it.) Here are some pictures below to better help you visualize the potential of a wedding confetti bar.