Looking to really save yourself some money on your wedding and still have it come off great? It can happen if you plan everything correctly.
A recent affordable wedding I DJ’ed at South Schenectady Fire House Banquet went perfectly and was classy, to boot. The hall is new, super clean, has all the facilities you need and a full kitchen. It also comes complete with the tables and chairs needed for about 100 people. And, most importantly, they allow for outside catering (this is key).
The bride and groom had to quickly put their special day together, due to a life threatening health situation with a family member. They wanted their loved one to be able to attend and didn’t have a whole lot of time to save.
HOW TO BOOK A GREAT WEDDING (HALL & FOOD) FOR ABOUT $1,000!
Here is what they did:
1) They contacted and rented the South Schenectady Fire House, and was able to rent the hall for $300. This was a great place to have the wedding because, across the street is a fabulous Italian restaurant called Canali’s.
2) They then had Canalis Restaurant (at 126 Mariaville Rd, Schenectady, NY) provide the catering, just the food as a pick up order for 100 people or so. The food bill came to under $700.
3) Next, during the cocktail hour, someone went over and picked up the food. Then, they served dinner buffet style.
4) They did their own bartending (beer and wine).
5) They cleaned up the hall themselves.
Now mind you, they did not have anyone serve the food, but the quality was as good if not better than many of the big name wedding halls in the area.
What can we learn from this?
If you can find a hall that lets you bring in your own catering, you can save a whole lot!!! What you are typically paying for at an expensive wedding hall is serving, clean up and facilities. Finding a nice place like The South Schenectady Firehouse with a great restaurant nearby that will cooperate with time is a game changer!